Roberta Alice Westdyk
April 12, 1919 ~ June 7, 2006
Roberta Westdyk always treasured the little ones
around her, and during her lifetime, she
provided support for many far away.
The Rockabye Foundation was established to
honor the memory of Roberta Westdyk through
continuing her efforts to insure that every
baby is swaddled, rocked, and loved.
The mission of The Roberta A.Westdyk
Rocakabye Foundation is dedicated to providing
clothing and other items for babies in need
throughout the world by:
- Collecting new and excellent-condition
used infants, toddlers, and children's
clothing.and distributing to families in
need and organizations serving children in
- Encouraging efforts of individuals,
organizations, churches, and neighborhoods
to collect and distribute clothing and other
needed baby items to families in need.
- Connecting those who want to help with
those who most need it.
|Shipments of baby clothes from the Rockabye
Foundation have been sent to:
- Belize, Indian Creek Village - September
- Dominican Republic, Puerto Plato -
- Belize, Punta Gorda - February 2007
- St. Theresa's Clinique, Guinaudee, in the
NW Mountains of Haiti, where newborns will
no longer go home naked. - April 2007 and
- Ebenezer Orphanage, Croix des Bouquets,
Haiti. Pastor found several babies
abandoned, under bushes. He has built
a wonderful place, now w/45 children, well
cared for. - May 2007
- Fond Parisian, Haiti is a very poor
village of approximately 900 people living
in stick huts near the Dominican Republic
border. The majority of children are naked
there -- even young girls. In August 2007
Rockabye shipped a large box of young
- In October 2007, 2 cases of infants and
children's clothing were shipped to St.
Bonaventure Indian Mission & School,
Eastern Navajo Reservation, Thoreau, NM.
- Summer 2008 - Baby clothing was donated
to Helping Hands, Healing Hearts
Foundation" located in Chesterfield,
- December 2010 - Infant clothing donated
to the Robin Raina Foundation, Alpharetta,
- July 2011 - Infant and Toddler clothing
donated to The NY Foundling Center, NYC, NY.
- Winter-Spring 2012 - Knitted hat project
for infants and children, Belize, C.A.
- 2013 - 2015 infant clothing to families in
- 2016 - NY Foundling Center, NYC
- 2017 - Newborns in Need, North Carolina
- 2018 - Infant clothing and shoes to
Belize, collected by families in California
and Texas. (Anna and Lori, thank you for
caring and sharing.)
- 2019 - February - More great children's
shoes were collected and delivered to Belize
children from Anna in California.
- 2019 - November - Children's clothing will
be donated to the children of Omega
Ministries in San Ignacio, Belize.
- 2019 - November -
Infant clothing will be donated to newborns
at the Western Regional Hospital in
Belmopan, Belize, C.A.
If you wish to help, please
the sale of Flidgywumper
will help the Rockabye